Garlic Scape Pesto
Author: Candace Goodwin / The Coeur d’Alene Coop
- · 8 to 10 Garlic Scapes Stalk and Leaves
- · 1/3 Cup Pine nuts or almonds or pistachios
- · 1/3 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- · 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- · ½ Small Lemon, juiced
- · Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper to Taste
1. Rough chop the garlic scapes and put them, along with the nuts and cheese in a food processor.
2. Pulse until blended.
3. Add salt and pepper and lemon juice.
4. With processor running, drizzle in olive oil until blended and smooth.
Notes: Garlic scape pesto can be used lie regular pesto – Top pizza, mix it in pasta, mix it in eggs. It freezes well. Put dollops in ice cube trays, freeze, then remove from tray and place in freezer bags.